Pokémon Rinko
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Summer
The sun is shining, the temperature is up, and trainers everywhere are out and about. There is also an abundance of Pokémon out too, so be careful and bring some extra Pokéballs!

Our Button

Affiliates

Non canon rp Ded and The admin of the other place log.

Go down

Non canon rp Ded and The admin of the other place log. Empty Non canon rp Ded and The admin of the other place log.

Post by Dediles Mon May 26, 2014 9:55 pm

I start, then She who has many names goes after, the pattern repeats until end.

Alright posts wil be here, when you end your post use a tilde ~ to let others know you are done.
Kee~

Russel Sat back on the fancy metal chair. He was in the capital, his hometown, in a swanky cafe that had a sighn advertising a discount to anyone with a pokemon. Twilight was a bit too big to fit, but Russel was enjoying the alone time with his fancy finger sandwiches~

Chase wandered into the cafe stifling a yawn. A Butterfree was clinging to her short hair, glancing around the room as her tired trainer took a seat. They'd been travelling all night and had only made it into the city this morning, however since then they hadn't found anywhere to stay due to the city being so big and so, despire her lack of appreciation for coffee, Chase had deemed it a worthy idea to purchase some and see if the caffeine did her any good.~

Russel Saw a short haired girl enter. There was a butterfree on her, Russel supposed that was going to be what it's like for anyone who would come in the caffe today. He didn't have the nerve to strike up a conversation, but He did look at the butterfree, wishing it would say something, just so he could see how far he had come dealing with different species.~

The short haired female ran a hand through her hair, trying to flatten it a little since it was rather messier than she'd like, accidentally dislodging the Butterfree from it's perch. Quick apologising to her pokemon friend, Chase dug through her bag and pulled out some home-made poffins that she'd been carrying, handing one to the butt pokemon in her tired apology. God she needed sleep. Ditrysia didn't seem to mind however, but happily accepted the poffin as a bonus. The butterfree called out with a small cheerful sound at the recieving of the treat, landing back on Chase's head as she ordered the coffee she wanted. ~

Russel looked at the plate of fancy sandwiches before him. He sighed. Twilight would Have pushed him to talk to the girl. She always loved a conversation. So russel called out.
"Yo, Butterfree girl, want some fancy triangle sandwiches? I could use the company" Russel lied. He didn't need the company, but It might turn out alright.~

After ordering her coffee Chase's attention was brought to a guy sitting across the room as he called out to her. In her sleep deprived state, she turned and glanced over to him before shrugging, figuring that nothing seemed wrong with the guy.
"Who am I to deny free food?" she shrugged with a small smile, though she still felt half asleep. Ditrysia called out again with a sound akin to 'freee!' deciding that she'd like to try the sandwiches too if he'd let her. ~

Russel tried to make out any distugishing laguage from what The butterfree was saying, but so far it was mostly just hapy noises. He shrugged mentaly. He took a sip of his tea, pinkie finger out for the heck of it, before talking to the girl.
"So are you a trainer? OH, I almost forgot, Introductions. I'm Russel Caffra, Pokemon Linguistics major, working on my doctorate." Russel said awkwardly, he rubbed the back of his head and looked away for a second.~

Chase blinked at Russel's introduction, "Linguistics?" she asked, curious, her head tilting ever so slightly to one side in evidence of her curiosity. She also motioned towards the sandwiches as if making to take one but unsure whether she actually should, looking to Russel for some sort of confirmation so as to not seem rude.
"Oh, and i'm Chase. Chase Summers if you want a last name too," she smiled, probably a little less politely than normal due to her tired state. Ditrysia gently flapped her wings from where she was still perched on Chase's head. ~

Russel, as dense as he was, did not notice the hesitation Chase had in taking a sandwich. He was just exited to talk about his major. He took a sip of his tea before talking.
"Yeah, Pokemon talk too, just in a little different way then us. I've been studying their laugage for a while now, but there is something of a natural talent for that kind of thing, So I've only gotten so far. Still I can understand egnough to hold a basic conversation. Pleasure to meat you Ms. Summers." Russ said, inspecting a sandwich before eating it. he blinked before realising that Chase hadn't had any "I have plenty of sandwiches, they're near the cheapest food item on the menu, discounted if you order tea. I would introduce you to twilight, but she's a bit to big to fit in here." Russel held out the pokeball just to reinforce that he didn't have a giant friend outside somwhere.~

"You too," she smiled as a waitor appeared with the coffee she'd ordered. Finally perhaps she could stop feeling so tired. Of course this would be better solved with sleep but sleeping at midday was not the best thing to do after all. As Russel seemed to give the go ahead for her to take a sandwich or two, she picked out one from the plate and smiled again to him.
"Your work definitely seems interesting, though I have to say i've always been able to understand Ditri pretty well, even if I can't understand the actual words she says," she replied, before adding, "If you don't mind me asking, what pokemon is Twilight?" She then took a sip of her coffee as she awaited an answer. ~

Russel looked at the scratched hand-me-down of a pokeball that held his beloved friend.
"She's a Ponyta." Russel said, looking back up "And yeah, Most trainers or people that spend time around their pokemon can understand them well egnough. But what would it be like to have a conversation with a wild pokemon? you could convince it to join your team without a fight, or you could hear the pleas of a pokemon in distress. There are a lot of practical aplications, not to mention that you can have a normal converastion with your friends. That's more or less Why I'm working on this" Russel srugged. He was asked often egnough what was the point of learing how pokemon speak when you could understand them regardless. Mostly It's the things that get lost in translation.~

"I guess thats true," she replied, taking another sip of her coffee before placing it on the table and leaning back in the chair she sat in. She split off a small bit of the sandwich she had picked and held it up so that Ditrysia could try it. The Butterfree didn't know what was in the sandwich, but upon tasting it she let out another cry as if to remark on how delicious it was.
"My personal goal isn't all that massive. I just want to be able to understand the power of psychic Pokemon," she commented, feeling that it was only right to describe her own goals after asking Russel so much about himself. Some people didn't feel comfortable if they didn't know as much about you as you knew about them after all. ~

"Hmm... Yeah, there is a lot of resurch in that feild. But it's really hard to aply the scientific method to phycics. Doesn't seem to stop anybody. I remember we had an Alakazam at the university that had a habit of inventing false information for resurchers, but he had amazing telepathy, I got to talk to him once. He was a jerk. Still, thats an amarable goal. Good luck." Russel said finishing his tea. He sat back and watched the bustling street outside. His eyes widened slightly as a meter maid wrote a ticket for his atv. He facepalmed. He forgot to put change in the meter. Twilight was going to chew him out later.~

Chase couldn't help but chuckle at the thought of an Alakazam fooling a bunch of university staff and students with it's false information. She'd heard that Alakazam was supposed to have one of the highest IQs of all Pokemon, and wondered to what end it had wanted to fool them to. Nevertheless, she nodded her thanks to Russel for his wish of good luck and finished off the sandwich she'd taken before taking another sip of her coffee. Though the taste wasn't all that great -too bitter for her, even with sugar- it definitely seemed to be having the intended effect, successfully 'waking' Chase up a bit. ~

Russel Pulled out his phone, and launched the app that read the information from a wireless transmitter in his leg. He hadn't charged it in a while, and Walking around the city seemed to have done a number on it. The charge was at nine percent, maybe around an hour or two left before he had to charge it. He changed apps to a match three game he played with one hand while the other grabed a sandwich.
"So do you have any short term goals? Want to challenge gyms or win contests or anything like that? Seems Like every teenager is a trainer these days." Russel said, his phone making an explosion sound effect when he lined up a five row.~

"Actually i'd quite like to do those sorts of things," she replied between another sip of the coffee, "My only problem is I can't enter most of them because they usually require more than one Pokemon and currently Ditrysia here is the only pokemon friend I have," she smiled weakly, "Not counting the egg in my possession that has yet to hatch." ~

"Well that sucks. I'm not about to go on a tyrade, but They shouldn't descrimate on you based on how many friends you have. I mean I can understand double battles, but rules like not having the same pokemon apeal and battle in a contest just generaly irk me, Becuase I don't plan on picking up any more pokemon, and I'm sure I'm not the only one" Russel Huffed, pausing the game. He stuffed an enire sandwich in his mouth with a muffled angry noise and looked away. ~

"I guess that's true, but most places are lenient on how many Pokemon you enter, whether it be one or the general number. I guess I just prefer to be a little more strategic about it. After all, if everyone knows Ditri is my only Pokemon, as soon as I'm matched against anyone -at least, in a contest anyway- they'll exploit her weaknesses to try and get themselves a win. At least if I have more than one Pokemon, there's a chance their choice won't benefit them, if you get what I mean," she replied, trying to clear her own view on the matter up a bit. ~

"Yeah, I kinda get what you're saying, but at the same time I wouldn't want more pokemon just to have an edge. I absolutely hate people that use pokemon like that." Russel said, getting sligtly carried away. "But I doubt that's what you mean. Sorry, I just get easily offended with human and pokemon rights." ~

Chase frowned slightly, "Yea I wouldn't use Pokemon like that. I'd just like to have more than one Pokemon friend. There are so many different species of them in this world that just spending time and getting to know even just a few of them seems worthwhile. When this egg hatches, I fully intend to befriend the Pokemon inside and give it what it needs in life. If it decides it want's to move on then so be it. I'm not going to force a Pokemon to stay with me, just like I wouldn't go out and catch some just to further my own career." ~
Dediles
Dediles

Pokédollars : 180

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum